About + CV + contact
I am endlessly passionate about compassion.
I'm an artist, aspiring psychotherapist, dog lover, history dork and pop culture nerd. It's my life's project to create tools and contexts for people to connect with one another and experience growth, healing, and self-love. I began Our Tarot in 2016 as a way to promote the empowerment of women and other oppressed groups, and to connect my interests in psycho-spirituality and historical people.
"Spirituality is seeded, germinates, sprouts and blossoms in the mundane. It is to be found and nurtured in the smallest of daily activities [...] The spirituality that feeds the soul and ultimately heals our psychological wounds may be found in those sacred objects that dress themselves in the accoutrements of the ordinary." ~ Thomas Moore, American psychotherapist, b. 1940
I am interested in the Tarot and other spiritual traditions as sacred technology. Tools that people use to expand into more aware and compassionate beings, elements of a ritual, even personal journals, are/can be sacred technologies.
- Antioch University, 2016-present, currently studying Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Savannah College of Art and Design, 2011-2013, MFA Painting
- Georgia State University, 2008-2010, BFA Studio Art
Selected Bibliography, Awards, and Honors
- The Huffington Post, Arts + Culture, "Feminist Tarot Deck Honors The Magic Of History’s Bona Fide Goddesses" by Priscilla Frank, 12/8/2016
- Austere Magazine, "Our Tarot Brings A Magical Touch To Some Of The Greatest Women In History+Today" 12/21/2016
Artist-in-residence, Hambidge Center for the Creative Arts & Sciences, Rabun Gap, GA, 9/2014
Marion Bowen Davis Scholarship, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, 2010